Yeah… it isn’t all love and hugs and kittens. Still, I couldn’t think of 10 things to hate about bonefish.
- You are SO FAR AWAY. I’d like for bonefish to live in the SF Bay… and also for the SF Bay to be just like Andros.
- The rash. If you’ve walked the flats in some wet pants… you may be familiar with that rash.
- Sunburn. There are a lot of ways to protect yourself from the sun, but if you are as fair skinned as I am it is hard to come out 100% unburned.
- The mythology of the 80′ cast. Your shots are about 500% more likely to come at 40′ than 80′ and this sort of “you have to be perfect” myth keeps people from experiencing the beauty of the flats.
- Too awesome. Bonefish and bonefishing are too awesome and will ruin you for many types of fishing in many places, places you may have loved, but are much lessened after you visit the flats.