So, Grandpa went a bit over the top at Christmas and got my daughter a kayak for the Bay. This is nicer than my own kayak with a nicer paddle.
This week, Spring Break for the girl, we finally got out on the water. Here are some things I’ve learned.
- Don’t head out on the last hour of the falling tide. Kind of tough to get back in the 5 or 6 inches of water. Yeah… that was tough.
- The girl is not so into paddling. She enjoys being out there, but not so much in, ya know, helping.
- The fish are not in. They aren’t supposed to be. But, ya know, I had to check.
- Kind of cool to be out there, on the water, getting to know the feel of this fishery/environment.
- That kayak is about, and this is an estimate, a million pounds. There is now a kayak trolley. We’ll see if that helps.
I’m looking forward to seeing how this goes (and of getting a fish in that thing).
- If you liked the story above, check out these stories below
- Skinny Water Culture: Monster Kayak Bonefish! (0.800)
- Redfish Kayak Fishing Expert - Added to the resume (0.800)