This is where I was this last weekend:
This is what I did:
I brought a friend up there for their first time fishing these waters. He was appropriately smitten with the rivers.
Here’s what I learned this weekend:
- I enjoy showing people my rivers, especially if they enjoy being shown them.
- I love a good fly shop. Ted Fay is my home shop and I always enjoy going in there.
- A little bit of the right advice can really go a long way in taking some of the edges off someone’s learning curve.
- Dunsmuir continues to have way better food options than is reasonable.
- It is always good to have a Plan B tucked away.