These shows can be a lot of fun, minus the last hour, which drags on like a 6 hour bit of political theater about health care.
I got up early this morning (this post will show up on Saturday, but I’m writing it on Friday, cause that’s how I roll) at 0-dark-thirty and drove down to Pleasanton for the Fly Fishing Show. Upon opening the crate that housed the Bonefish & Tarpon Trust display, it occurred to me I should have tried it out at home first. Luckily, I got some help from a ladies fly fishing club I was next to. Twenty minutes later and I was sorted.
As the throngs of mostly older men passed by (it was a Friday, a perfect time for men of a certain age to browse the show) I heard lots of interesting bonefish stories.
The one place that was mentioned time and time again was Christmas Island. Tomorrow I have a buddy coming in who will be fresh off the plane from Xmas… can’t wait to hear about it.
Had some good conversations about bonefish, conservation, catch & release fishing and other assorted bits of goodness.
Support Bonefish & Tarpon Trust.
- This is Fly Daily, Bahamas, Nets.
- The Message Board Which Must Not Be Named has some Bahamas up… I’m not linking there. I’ve learned (slowly).
- New posts up at Guilttrip25
- Singlebarbed spots some ponzi problems with Able.
- If you liked the story above, check out these stories below
- Heading to the Fly Fishing Show - Pleasanton, CA (0.893)
- At the Fly Fishing Show (0.881)
- Tag Ends - 2/18/10 (0.872)
Tags: bonefish, bonefishing, Conservation, fly fishing, Fly Fishing Show