I’m feeling a bit prescient today (I think I learned that word from the Dune books), so I figure I should take advantage of this and let you all know some things that seem, through the mists of time, sure to be true in 2013.
- I will find myself in Grand Bahama in April (OK, this one is easy since I just bought the tickets) and I will throw a fly at bonefish (at least one and likely more).
- The blog will continue, growing marginally, slowly, organically (because I don’t advertise).
- Politics and the inability of our leaders to find common ground and work together will continue to be the greatest threat to American security.
- Gear makers will make new gear and this gear will be slightly more expensive than their best gear from last year.
- In a blind test, you will be unable to tell the difference between their top gear from the last three years.
- I will intend to tie way, way more flies than I will actually tie.
- Sharks will be caught off the Dumbarton Pier by my girl and I.
- Dozens of new blogs will start and 2 or 3 will get past 6 posts within 6 months of their founding.
- The Fiberglass Manifesto, This River is Wild, Flatswalker and the Skinny Water Culture Blog will continue to be favorites.
- Writing the blog will continue to be an overall very positive experience, sparking good conversations, teaching me things and otherwise being fun.
Let’s see how close I come to the mark. Happy 2013 everyone.
- Unique Post