Florida is days away… just a few days. I’m pretty much mentally there already. Here are 5 things I find myself doing as Florida approaches…
- I break out into imaginary double hauling all the time. At dinner, in the car, sitting her writing this. Trying “get the feeling” or “envision success” or something. I don’t even know why I do it, but I do.
- Smiling a lot. I have an anticipatory smile I can’t get rid of.
- Thinking about what I need to bring, without actually packing anything. I’ll need to start packing soon.
- Scrambling to make sure I have the right flies. I almost certainly do, or something close, but I always feel a little nervous I haven’t prepared enough.
- Telling myself to stay calm. If you say it enough, you might actually do it when you have to. It works with my daughter “Hey, let’s have a good morning tomorrow, OK?” It might work with me “Just think of the casting mechanics and strip set.”
- If you liked the story above, check out these stories below
- Florida Bonefish (1.000)
- Fly Fish Chick Loves the Keys (1.000)
- I just swam in from Miami and boy is my tail tired (1.000)