Field and Stream is all of a sudden relevant to me. I had no idea.
In their 2010 Fly Fishing Predictions they make a couple of bonefishy calls. Here’s one.
I predict that two major world record marks for fly-caught fish will fall in 2010–redfish, (the fish will be caught in February, in Louisiana), and bonefish, which will be caught off Oahu this summer. I predict that I will also hear about at least 40 obscure “line class” records, e.g. “alligator gar, on the fly, on 4-pound test,” and that I will not stroke the egos of the people who set those silly records by writing about them.
Hawaii certainly does have that potential. That would be exciting.
Here are a few Bonefish on the Brain 2010 Predictions:
- As soon as I get back from my January trip to the Bahamas I will begin fantasizing about my next trip.
- I will tie at least 600 bonefish flies in 2010. I will be lucky to use 10.
- The Bonefish and Tarpon Trust will have a banner year in large part due to the utter and total rulingness of the Pirates of the Flats tv program on ESPN.
- My trout fishing days will dwarf my bonefishing days.
- I will dream about bonefish at least 3 times.
- I will bore at least 40 people to tears with talk of bonefish.
2010 should be an interesting year for sure.
(Field and Stream quote with permission from Field and Stream)
- If you liked the story above, check out these stories below
- Cermele: The Sexiest Fly in the Bahamas (1.000)
- Bahamas Bonefish Video: Andros Island - RA Baettie and Mike Mazur (1.000)
- Bonefishing with a Living Legend | Field & Stream (1.000)