Well, that was just about the longest I haven’t updated the blog in about a year. So… where was I?
I was up in Montana for a second Christmas with my girlfriend and her family along the Yaak River. Stunning country and a great way to ring in the New Year.
In short, this is a very exciting year and I’m very much looking forward to it.
From the perspective of the blog, I think there are some good things afoot as well. Here is what I’d like to see happen…
- A very exciting trip is shaping up with some amazing anglers. I’m low man on the totem on this one, by a ways, so it should be a really great learning/drinking experience. That’s around April.
- I’m hoping to get 3-4 more reels to test. Anyone with connections to reel makers who want to help get this to happen, please let me know.
- I’m hoping to do 6 or so more interviews. I’m always open to suggestions for folks to talk to.
- I may end up with a second saltwater-type trip later in the year, but this might not be so much of a fishing trip as a special kind of family trip… more on that in a few months.
- I hope to sneak a trip in to San Diego to catch a California Bone and maybe a trip to Florida, if I can swing that on the end of a business trip.
- I should tie about 300 flies.
- I should give away about as many… and I need some help figuring out a good plan to make that happen.
- There should be an e-book released soon with contributions from me as well as Davin from Flatswalker, Bruce Smithhammer, Pete McDonald, Gracie, Bob White and more. Should be a good read and I hope I can count on all of you to buy
Alright… so… let’s get 2012 started. It is going to be a fantastic year.
- Unique Post