Well, that was just about the longest I haven’t updated the blog in about a year. So… where was I?
I was up in Montana for a second Christmas with my girlfriend and her family along the Yaak River. Stunning country and a great way to ring in the New Year.
In short, this is a very exciting year and I’m very much looking forward to it.
From the perspective of the blog, I think there are some good things afoot as well. Here is what I’d like to see happen…
- A very exciting trip is shaping up with some amazing anglers. I’m low man on the totem on this one, by a ways, so it should be a really great learning/drinking experience. That’s around April.
- I’m hoping to get 3-4 more reels to test. Anyone with connections to reel makers who want to help get this to happen, please let me know.
- I’m hoping to do 6 or so more interviews. I’m always open to suggestions for folks to talk to.
- I may end up with a second saltwater-type trip later in the year, but this might not be so much of a fishing trip as a special kind of family trip… more on that in a few months.
- I hope to sneak a trip in to San Diego to catch a California Bone and maybe a trip to Florida, if I can swing that on the end of a business trip.
- I should tie about 300 flies.
- I should give away about as many… and I need some help figuring out a good plan to make that happen.
- There should be an e-book released soon with contributions from me as well as Davin from Flatswalker, Bruce Smithhammer, Pete McDonald, Gracie, Bob White and more. Should be a good read and I hope I can count on all of you to buy
Alright… so… let’s get 2012 started. It is going to be a fantastic year.
- Unique Post
Sounds like you have a great year planned. I look forward to reading your posts about it all.
Some ideas about the fly give-away: bone fishing trivia questions on your blog or facebook about fly fishing, the fish, or locations, Could also be questions about things you posted in past blogs to see who is paying attention.
Great way to start your 2012. Hope this year exceeds your expectations, and life is full of health, happiness and good stuff for your and your little one. Great site, one of the few I check EVERY day.
Look for fishing reports from EXXY WA starting Jan. 28th my first day out on the Australian flats with Brett Wolff (True Blue Bonefish) as me & my mate fly fish the OZ Chocolate Box.
Hey Vince, try and see if Brett wants to do an interview. I’d love to talk to him about that fishery.
The big question is “does she fish’?
Ha… Howard… the real question is “Will she let me fish?” and the answer to that is “yes.”
I don’t need it to be her thing. She’s open to it, but that isn’t a must-have.
Understanding is what I need her to have, and she has that.