Yes, I’m headed back to the Keys (and you can come too). Here are my reasons…
- Simply, it is beautiful down there. I mean… come on…
- It is the closest bit of tropics fishing you are going to get. Sure, you can get tarpon in Texas and there are bonefish in San Diego Bay, but the Keys are where the tropics start in my book.
- It’s a good time to be there. The tarpon madness has passed, the kids are back in school and it isn’t lobster season. If you live in the Keys, this is likely one of your favorite times to be there.
- Days on flats boats are days well spent. I have yet to have a bad day on a flats boat. I’ve had difficult fishing and I’ve even been skunked, but I haven’t had a bad day.
- The Keys are demanding and you need to put your time in to get rewarded. I am looking to do just that.
- If you liked the story above, check out these stories below
- Florida Bonefish (1.000)
- Fly Fish Chick Loves the Keys (1.000)
- I just swam in from Miami and boy is my tail tired (1.000)