It’s all about learning.
- Thunder travels at 1 mile every 5 seconds, not every one second. So… if you count 5 Mississippi, that wasn’t 5 miles away, it was one mile away. I should have known this, but wasn’t sure if it was 1:1 or some other ratio.
- Not all bonefish eat like Bahamian bonefish. They really are different. The strip I have done for dozens of Bahamian bonefish does not work in the Keys.
- The number one way to prevent trout-setting on a tarpon is to not have the rod in your hand. Brilliant.
- Mats for line management are awesome, awesome things.
- Mullet can mud. Just because you see fish mudding doesn’t mean they are bones.
There was more than that, of course… but this is a smattering of the take-aways from the trip. So much was learned… like how little sleep I can operate on over a period of days.
- If you liked the story above, check out these stories below
- Florida Bonefish (1.000)
- Fly Fish Chick Loves the Keys (1.000)
- I just swam in from Miami and boy is my tail tired (1.000)