- I love that bonefish live in the places bonefish live. They are beautiful places.
- I love that feeling you get when you are scanning a flat and you see the fish for the first time. It is such a definable victory.
- I love wearing my quick dry pants. A place I need to wear those pants is almost certainly a place I want to be.
- Kalik and Belekin.
- When the wind is up and you make a cast into it and succeed you feel like a rock star.
- The first run of a bonefish is pure power and almost always astounding. If your first bonefish was over 3 pounds and you weren’t impressed with the power of the fish, you are likely a bad person and should re-evaluate your life.
- Flats skiffs are just sexy. They are sex in boat form.
- I love my fly boxes, full of my flies. An arsenal of awesomeness waiting to be applied to fulfill their sole purpose on Earth.
- Turtles. Sharks. Barracuda. Frigate Birds. Blue Crabs. Hermit Crabs. All of it.
- Memories. Those memories of standing in the sun on the beautiful flat will both give you a little warmth on cold nights and a little light when you find yourself in the darkness.
- If you liked the story above, check out these stories below
- The quest... bones under $1K (1.000)
- Tips on wading for Bones (1.000)
- Silly Priced Bonefish Rods (1.000)
You forgot one.
11. It’s usually warm where bonefish live. Unlike trout or steelhead where sometimes you wonder about your own sanity for being out in weather that is that cold.
The sound of a reel singing off line. Priceless.