It has been a great, great week here in South Andros. Today is the departure day… as you read this I am either in an airport or on a plane.
Here are a few things I learned this week…
– My casting is better than I give myself credit for… someone even said there is a “grace” about my casting. That was a surprise.
– Given the right combination of factors, I can still trout set like a mo-fo.
– I really like fishing for cudas… even if that means trolling.
– A head lamp is a MUST HAVE on my next trip.
– My core belief that “modern gear is all pretty good” is being a little shaken.
– I may have a good business idea.
– Night fishing is full of danger and possibility.
– My flies worked.
– I need to find some sun gloves that I actually want to wear.
– The guides who were supposed to be “tough” weren’t. They were honest and it didn’t bother me in the slightest.
– A guide who sings and laughs may be the most fun to fish with.
– I really, really want to come back here.
- If you liked the story above, check out these stories below
- One of the best bars anywhere... (0.978)
- Torrie Bevans and the Greedy Bonefish (0.976)
- apparel and fishing gear for South Andros via Salty Shores (0.976)